Skatewheel Conveyor Systems
Ashland’s Skatewheel Conveyor Systems are a type of gravity conveyor that utilizes small wheels instead of rollers to move lightweight loads. These systems consist of skatewheels mounted on a series of axles attached to rigid or flexible frames.
What is a Skatewheel Conveyor System?
Skatewheel conveyors are gravity systems that “roll” more easily than roller conveyors, allowing for lighter packages and less slope.
The individual wheels in the curve sections allow packages to track better than roller conveyors. Hook & rod couplers along with tripod supports make skatewheel conveyors ideal for temporary set-ups. We also offer skatewheel telescope and flexible conveyors.
Skatewheel conveyors are typically used to:
- Transport cartons, totes and other lightweight items
- Applications where the load is not evenly distributed, such as when transporting boxes that are stacked on top of each other.
Specialized Skatewheel Systems
- FlexExtend Skatewheel System
- Telescoping Skatewheel System
Benefits of Skatewheel Conveyor Systems:
- Lightweight and easy to move
- Relatively inexpensive
- Easy to install and maintain
- Versatile and can be used to transport a variety of products
- Gentle on products, as the wheels do not damage the surface of the load..
Limitations of Skatewheel Conveyor Systems:
- Not suitable for transporting heavy or bulky loads
- Can be noisy, especially if the wheels are made of steel
- Can be affected by uneven surfaces.